Friday, June 26, 2009

In the Gui: Proxies, Services, Controllers

I’ve known something was *wrong* with my View-ModelView-ModelController thinking.

I think I’ve finally figured out my issue.

My latest path renames the “Controller” to a “Service”, as in “Application Service”.  Really I intended the workspace to function like a DependencyContainer.

I’m not sure why I deviated from normal practice, but my true WCF/Web service proxies will now be considered Proxy objects, and should be fully encapsulated by an “Application Service”.

This puts my Controllers back where they should be, existing only to bind the application logic to the Gui.  Each controller should be responsible for encapsulating the Form or Control to a reasonable level.

Now for the Model… we’ll worry about that later :)

No comments: